Spicy Tofu & Sesame Zoodles
Sunday meal prep was in full force yesterday. After a weekend of glorious NYC fare (read: yuca fries & margs, Cuban fried green plantains, late night slices 🍕 & homemade chorizo breakfast sandwiches) it was time to trick my body into some vegetables by turning them into delicious noodles.
Spicy, savory and so healthy––here's the (easiest &) BEST 🙌🏼 zoodle stir fry that I can't wait to eat all week.
Spicy Sesame Sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup sesame oil
- ⅓ cup liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp chili paste
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, grated
Zoodles + Tofu + Toppings
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- 6 zucchini
- sesame seeds
Spicy Sesame Sauce:
- Put all of the sauce ingredients either in a jar or in the food processor and mix.
- Wrap tofu in a dish towel and place something heavy (a pan works well) on top to press out the moisture.
- Slice into cubes.
- Heat a bit of oil in a frying pan and add the tofu.
- Stir fry until golden brown.
- Add ½ cup of sauce and simmer until it starts to evaporate or absorb into the tofu.
- Spiralize the zucchini and toss in with the tofu to warm/cook a bit – about 3 minutes.
- Add in the sauce and let simmer together for one minute.
Combine & Serve:
- Top with sesame seeds, scallions, and sriracha.
- Serve warm or cold (for leftovers)!