Easy Vegetable Fried Rice
With a Pinterest board filled with plant-based inspiration, it's rare that we repeat meals in our kitchen. Except this one.
So far, it's the cheapest, fastest, least-prep recipe combo we've found, but oh-so savory and satisfying. On rotation at least once a month, Veggie Fried Rice is reserved for that perfect, terrible Monday night when you'd just rather not. But then you remember the veggies in the freezer, the rice in your pantry (the song in your heart? maybe your New Years Resolutions?) and you get to it.
Lucky for us, T-minus 20 minutes later we've got a warm, Sriracha-topped, triumphant bowl of delicious dinner. Plus lunch for the rest of the week.
For the Rice
2 tsp sesame or olive oil
2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
1 (16 oz) bag frozen peas/carrots/corn medley
1 (16 oz) bag frozen shelled edamame
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
For the Sauce
3 tbsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tsp chili garlic sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp maple syrup
rest of green onion, chopped
- Cook brown rice. While rice is cooking, make sauce by adding all (sauce) ingredients to a bowl and whisking to combine.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium with sesame oil. Add in broccoli and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Next, add cooked rice, frozen veggies, and green onions. Cover (to steam) and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently (to keep rice from sticking to pan). After cooking for about 5 minutes, add in sauce.
- Serve warm with green onions + sriracha for heat.