Parmesan & Parsley Fries
We just made some incredible Turmeric Chickpea Burgers. They're dense, flavorful, and bursting with nutrition, but would be incomplete without their natural soulmate, french fries. Whether your favorites are sweet potato, curly, or truffle, the beauty is none of them are trying to be some vegan replacement. They just happen to be plant-based. Don't get us wrong, russet potatoes sliced thin and covered in garlic, parsley, and nutritional yeast aren't something you should eat every day, but the combination is intoxicating and well within the bounds of a weeknight splurge.
- 3 russet potatoes, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 450. Slice potatoes into sticks.
- Pour olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and parsley into small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Grease baking sheet with a bit of olive oil and spread out potato slices.
- Evenly drizzle potatoes with oil mixture and place in oven for 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven, flip potatoes, bake another 10-15 minutes, then and broil for a few minutes to crisp.
- Cool and dip into your favorite sauce. (We recommend Sriracha Tahini or Creamy Garlic Dill!)