Jamaican Jerk Cauliflower Tacos with Mango Salsa
There are so many ways to make great vegan tacos. Here's another one, inspired by summertime and made to pair with a rum cocktail.
Sweet mango + zesty lime + crunchy cabbage + smokey cauliflower.
Simple, balanced, and bright, this recipe is the perfect for serving a group willing to venture outside of the ground beef and Mexican cheese medley world. The cauliflower is seasoned with an ever so out-of-the-box combo of Jamaican spices and complemented by a supporting cast of fresh flavors (mango and green onion!). It's also great for a weeknight + leftovers situation, because it's so quick to make, everything stores separately, and warms up even better than the day before.
For the Cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
For the Mango Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Handful cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Warm tortillas
- Chunky salsa
- Black beans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a separate small bowl, mix all of the spices together.
- Add the cauliflower, spice mixture and olive oil into a medium bowl to coat the cauliflower.
- Add the cauliflower to a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix together all of the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Mix it all together in a tortilla and enjoy!